ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Adults aged 50 years and older with neovascular AMD proven by FA
- Patients who at baseline
- Have a BCVA letter score in the study eye between 20/40 to 20/320 using an ETDRS chart measured at 4 meters or Snellen equivalent
- Have a CNV lesion of any type in the study eye with the following characteristics as determined by fluorescein angiography:
- Evidence that CNV extends under the geometric center of the foveal avascular zone.
- Previous state-of-the-art therapy for the disease is deemed ineffective with following characteristics are given:
- Loss of visual acuity (2 or more Snellen lines) in the previous 3 months defined as either OR
- ≥10% increase in the lesion diameter as assessed by fluorescein angiography in the previous 3 months
- Ability of subject to understand character and individual consequences of clinical trial.
- Signed and dated informed consent of the subject must be available before start of any specific trial procedures.
- Women with childbearing potential practicing a medically accepted contraception (negative pregnancy test result, serum or urine at trial entry).
- Subjects presenting with any of the following criteria will not be included in the
- Have a relevant ocular disease which may be associated with increased intraocular
VEGF levels (namely uveitis, neovascular glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic
maculopathy, ocular ischemic syndrome, retinal vessel occlusion)
- Had previous vitrectomy surgery for whatsoever reason
- Are not pseudophakic
- Have a >50% area of scarring of the whole CNV lesion size as seen in FA
- Arterial hypertension refractory to medical treatment
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- History of hypersensitivity to the investigational medicinal product or to any
drug with similar chemical structure or to any excipient present in the
pharmaceutical form of the investigational medicinal product.
- Participation in other clinical trials during the present clinical trial or
within the last 3 months.
- Medical or psychological condition that would not permit completion of the trial
or signing of informed consent.
- Suspected or present ocular or periocular infection
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Beverly Hills, California
- Pasadena, California
- Walnut Creek, California
- Miami, Florida
- Aiea, Hawaii
- Baltimore, Maryland
- New York, New York
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Petah Tikva,
- Tel Aviv,