ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Exfoliation syndrome in one or both eyes. Exfoliation material must be present on the anterior lens surface for diagnosis.
2. Untreated IOP greater than or equal to 22 mmHg in one or both eyes with or without mild to moderate glaucomatous damage and who, in the judgment of the investigator, can be safely washed off from current medical therapy.
3. Age 50-80 years
4. Open angles by gonioscopy
1. Age over 80 years
2. Best corrected visual acuity less than 20/30
3. Untreated IOP greater than 35 mmHg
4. Currently taking systemic beta-blockers
5. Glaucomatous damage sufficiently severe to prevent washout in the opinion of the
examiner or visual field defect within 10 degrees of fixation
6. Glaucoma other than exfoliation syndrome
7. Absence of exfoliation material on the lens surface in the eye to be treated
8. Known allergy or sensitivity to any of the study medications
9. Ocular pathology that may interfere with the ability to obtain tonography, visual
fields, or accurate IOP readings
10. Angle-closure glaucoma
11. Diabetic retinopathy
12. Previous intraocular or laser surgery.
13. Unwilling or unable to give consent
14. Pregnant or lactating women
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York