- Diagnosis of deep tissue Candida infection, defined as growth of Candida sp. from a
culture specimen obtained from a normally sterile site accompanied by signs and
symptoms of infection.
- Male or female ≥ 16 years of age.
- Expected hospitalization for at least fourteen (14) days.
- Pregnancy or breast feeding or planning to become pregnant during the study.
- Recent treatment with one of the study drugs over the last 30 days.
- Allergy to either study drug or to this class of drugs.
- Significant liver dysfunction.
- Suspected Candida osteomyelitis, endocarditis, meningitis or any other infections of
the central nervous system.