- Dysfunctional immune system (reduced neutrophils).
- Confirmed Candida infection, defined as growth of Candida from a normally sterile site
accompanied by signs and symptoms of infection.
- Male of female ≥16 years of age.
- Expected hospitalization for at least ten (10) days.
- Pregnancy or breast feeding or planning to become pregnant during the study.
- Recent treatment with one of the study drugs over the last 30 days.
- Allergy to either study drug or to this class of drugs.
- Significant liver dysfunction.
- Suspected Candida osteomyelitis, endocarditis, meningitis or any other infections of
the central nervous system.