- Must meet American College of Rheumatology criteria for rheumatoid arthritis with
functional class I to III.
- Rheumatoid arthritis disease onset at >16 years of age and duration of disease at
least 6 months.
- Men or women of nonchildbearing potential (WONCBP), aged 20 to 70 years, inclusive at
the screening visit.
- Any significant health problems other than rheumatoid arthritis.
- Treatment of greater than 10 mg of prednisone per day.
- Therapy with immunosuppressants within 6 months before study day 1