ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus, type 1 or type 2 for at least one month prior to taking the first educational class.
2. 18 years old or older.
3. Females and Males
4. All ethnic groups.
5. Must be able to read and speak English.
6. Must be willing to sign informed consent to participate in the research component of the program.
7. Plan on living in the District of Columbia for the next 6 to 8 months.
8. Willing to attend 2 core interactive education sessions within a 6-week period.
9. Willing to have a fingerstick performed to obtain blood for A1C and cholesterol determinations prior to and 6 months after completion of the educational sessions.
10. Willing to attend both a pre- and a post-study outcomes data collection visit, each of which will last approximately 1 - 1 ½ hours.
11. Ability and willingness to adhere to all study requirements.
12. Participant must have active health insurance coverage or self pay and have regular visits to their primary care physician. Interested parties who do not have health insurance will be referred to DHHS for assistance in applying for Medicare or Medicaid when applicable.
13. Have access to telephone in residence to receive reminder calls for up upcoming visits.
2. Non-English speaking.
3. Untreated mental illness.
4. History of substance abuse or alcohol abuse in the past 12 months.
5. Individuals participating in a drug research study.
6. Presence of concomitant condition or circumstances which, in the opinion of the
investigator, could interfere with participation in the study, glycemic control or
interpretation of the data collected. (e.g. active malignance; HIV/AIDS)
7. Chronic concomitant use of oral steroids.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Washington, District of Columbia