- Patient undergoing major abdominal surgery (Biliary strictures,
Pancreatico-duodenectomy, Esophagectomy, Total proctocolectomy, Hemicolectomy,
Gastrectomy, Other major abdominal surgeries with similar expected blood loss)
- Patients with a platelet count less than 100, 000/mm3 or history of thrombocytopenia.
- Patients with known coagulopathy.
- Patients with anemia (hemoglobin levels less than 8 mg/dl)
- Patients with documented DVT or PE at screening or in past three months.
- Patients with any associated major illness (e.g., severe cardiac or respiratory
- Anticoagulants (other than LMWH or heparin in prophylactic doses to prevent deep vein
thrombosis), direct thrombin inhibitors or thrombolytic therapy administered or
completed within last week