ABOUT THIS STUDY
- The patient has a diagnosis of RA based upon the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) 1987 Revised Criteria.
- The patient must have had an inadequate response to methotrexate and have active disease, as defined by both: ≥6 joints tender or painful on motion; and ≥6 joints swollen; and fulfills 1 of the following 2 criteria at Screening: 1.ESR (Westergren method) >28 mm in the local laboratory. 2. CRP >7 mg/L in the central laboratory.
- No evidence of active or latent or inadequately treated infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- The patient must have been on a stable dose of 7.5 mg to 25 mg weekly of methotrexate and washed out of all other DMARDs.
- Blood dyscrasias including confirmed: 1. Hemoglobin <9 g/dL or Hematocrit <30%; 2.
White blood cell count <3,000 cu.mm. Absolute neutrophil count <1,200 cu.mm; 4.
Platelet count <100,000/L
- History of any other autoimmune rheumatic disease other than Sjogren's syndrome
- No malignancy or history of malignancy.
- History of infection requiring hospitalization, parenteral antimicrobial therapy, or
as otherwise judged clinically significant by the investigator, within the 6 months
prior to the first dose of study drug
- Patients who have failed any TNFi for either lack of efficacy or a TNFi mechanism
related adverse event.
- Patients who have previously received adalimumab therapy for any reason.
- Patients who are contraindicated for treatment with adalimumab in accordance with the
approved local label.
- Patients meeting the New York Heart Association Class III and Class IV Congestive
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Birmingham, Alabama