- Fully vaccinated children who participated in a previous Wyeth study (Study D139-P506)
and received a booster dose of either 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine
(PPV23) or pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PnCV) per the original protocol for that
- Subjects must be in good health as determined by medical history, physical examination
and clinical judgment.
- Known allergy to any component of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (7vPnC)
or 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (13vPnC).
- History of documented invasive pneumococcal disease (defined as a positive culture of
S. pneumoniae from a normally sterile body site).
- Any known or suspected disease or dysfunction of the immune system, including: HIV
infection, Malignancy, Receipt of immunosuppressive therapy, Sickle cell
- Receipt of immune-globulin within the past 3 months.
- Receipt of either PSV or 7vPnCV since the completion of Study D139-P506.