ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Aged 18 years or older.
- Diagnosis of focal epilepsy.
- Previous failure of one or more AEDs used in monotherapy.
- Background treatment with an antiepileptic drug.
- The investigator has considered that the patient must start treatment with some of the seven new AEDs in combination therapy: lamotrigine, levetiracetam, gabapentin, oxcarbazepine, pregabalin, tiagabine and/or topiramate.
- History of seizures in the patient in the past 3 months.
- The patient or legal guardian must be able to understand the characteristics of the study and fill in the seizure diaries.
- Written informed consent.
- Inability to comply with the study requirements.
- Diagnosis of generalized epilepsy or inability to establish if focal or generalized.
- Presence of serious or uncontrolled systemic disease, serious psychiatric disease or
progressive neurological disease.
- History of alcoholism, drug addiction, or abuse of medicines in the past two years.
- Psychogenic seizures in the two years prior to inclusion in the study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.