- Subject has a current DAS28 equal to or less than 3.2.
- Subject is currently receiving treatment with etanercept, either 25 mg twice weekly
or 50 mg once weekly, for a minimum of 14 months at baseline
- Subject is currently receiving oral, sc or intramuscular methotrexate once weekly,
7.5 mg/week to 25 mg/week and at a stable dose for a minimum of 4 months at baseline.
- Subject has earlier had an attempt of discontinuing etanercept for reasons of
remission or low disease activity state.
- Subject has received any disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug, other than
methotrexate, within one month before baseline.
- Subject has had a dose of prednisone (or equivalent) >7.5 mg/day or has received
intra-articular, intravenous, intramuscular, or subcutaneous corticosteroid within
one month of baseline.