- Be of non-childbearing potential.
- Diagnosis of dry AMD as defined by the Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS, 2005),
including uni- or multi-focal GA, without foveal involvement.
- BCVA of 20/320 or better in the worst eye.
- Diagnosis of exudative (wet) AMD, with subretinal or choroidal neovascular lesions.
- Diagnosis or history of Alzheimer's disease, dementia or neurodegenerative disorders.
- Diagnosis or recent history of clinically significant cerebrovascular disease.
- Uncontrolled hypertension.
- Uncontrolled Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus.