- Male and/or female patients (females will be women of non-childbearing potential)
with an historical diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus, who are currently being
treated with metformin at a dose at or near maximum.
- Hb A1c between 7-10%.
- Fasting C-peptide >0.4 nmol/L.
- History of clinically significant chronic conditions other than T2DM not well
controlled by either diet or medications.
- Patients with pancreatitis or considered a high risk for pancreatitis.
- History of contraindications to metformin therapy.
- Previous treatment with an approved or investigational GLP 1 mimetic.