ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Intervention Group:
- Be able to lie still on their back for about 120 minutes,
- Meet DSM-IV criteria for major depression (single or recurrent),
- Have had depressive symptoms for at least 1 month prior to screen visit,
- Must score an 18 or above on the Hamilton-D at both the initial screening visit and first fMRI scanning session,
- Able to understand and speak English.
- Control Group: same as above with the exception of no diagnosis of psychiatric disorder.
- Any history of seizures,
- Current medical disorders that might make interpretation of scan data difficult,
- Diabetes requiring insulin treatment,
- A serious heart disorder or subjects who have had a heart attack within the last 3
- Subjects who meet DSM-IV criteria for alcohol/drug abuse or dependence within the last
- Other current DSM-IV Axis I or Axis II diagnoses,
- A personal or family history of bipolar disorder,
- Current use of medication that affects central nervous system (CNS) function,
- Participation in the last 30 days in a clinical study involving an investigational
- A subject with metallic implants, such as prostheses, shrapnel or aneurysm clip-S, or
persons with electronic implants, such as cardiac pacemakers. The magnetic field
generated by the MRI machine can cause a displacement or malfunctioning of these
- A subject who is claustrophobic,
- Female subjects who are pregnant,
- A subject at serious risk for suicide,
- Diagnosis of cancer in the past 3 years and/or has active neoplastic disease,
- Nonresponse to 2 adequate trials of antidepressant treatment,
- Nonresponse to 2 adequate trials of an empirically supported psychotherapy.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Vancouver, British Columbia