ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Age => 18.
2. Recipient of a deceased donor kidney transplant.
3. Delayed graft function, defined as need for dialysis during first week after surgery or slow graft function, defined as creatinine >=3.0 by post-op day 5 without requiring dialysis
4. Stable serum creatinine for 2 weeks prior to enrollment.
5. Able to give informed consent.
6. Compliant with medical regimen and clinic visits.
1. Episode of acute rejection within 4 weeks prior to enrollment.
2. Calculated GFR < 30 ml/min.
3. Interstitial fibrosis & tubular atrophy in transplant biopsy higher than grade II
4. Proteinuria > 500 mg/24 h or spot urine protein/creatinine > 0.5.
5. Total fasting cholesterol level > 300 mg/dl or triglyceride > 500 mg/dl despite
optimal lipid lowering therapy.
6. Recipient of pancreas or liver allografts.
7. Leukopenia (WBC < 3000 mm3) within 2 weeks prior to enrollment.
8. Leukopenia (WBC < 2000 mm3) within 4 weeks prior to enrollment.
9. Thrombocytopenia (platelets count < 100,000/mm3) within 2 weeks prior to enrollment.
10. Unwilling to comply with study protocol.
11. Enrollment in another drug trial that precludes use of sirolimus.
12. Diagnosis of malignancy within 2 years prior to enrollment, except adequately treated
non-melanoma skin cancer.
13. For women, pregnancy.
14. Allergy to iodine
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Baltimore, Maryland