- Active, moderate to severe psoriasis defined by the following criteria: Clinically
stable, plaque psoriasis involving more than 10% body surface area (BSA) or PASI 10.
- In the opinion of the investigator, failure, intolerance, contraindication or not a
candidate for the following: Methotrexate (MTX), cyclosporine, and psoralen plus
ultraviolet A radiation (PUVA) therapy.
- Negative urine pregnancy test before the first dose of study drug in all female
- Evidence of skin conditions (e.g., eczema) other than psoriasis that would interfere
with evaluations of the effect of study medication on psoriasis.
- Any rheumatologic disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout,
systemic lupus erythematous, systemic vasculitis, scleroderma and polymyositis, or
- Prior exposure to TNF inhibitors including ETN. Prior exposure to efalizumab
(Raptiva®) and alefacept (Amevive®) is also prohibited.