ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Signed informed consent.
- Histologically or cytologically confirmed breast carcinoma.
- Early stage breast cancer (T1c-3, clinically node-negative-3 [cN0-3], CM0).
- Pre-treatment biopsy with the following characteristics:
- Hormone receptor-positive cancer as defined as ER and/or progesterone receptor (PR)-positive by standard immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- HER2-negative (HER2 ≤ 2 by IHC; if HER2 2+ by IHC must be fluorescent in situ hybridization [FISH] non-amplified)
- Recurrence score < 25 using Oncotype DX 21-gene recurrence score assay
- Patients must have measurable disease as defined by palpable lesion with both diameters ≥ 1 cm measurable with caliper or a positive mammogram or ultrasound with at least one dimension ≥ 1 cm. Screening mammogram of the contralateral breast must be performed within past 12 months per standard practice guidelines. Clip placement is required for study entry.
- Baseline measurements of the indicator lesions must be recorded on the Patient Registration Form. To be valid for baseline, the measurements must have been made within 14 days of study enrollment if palpable. If not palpable, a mammogram or MRI must be done within 14 days. If palpable, a diagnostic mammogram of the affected breast or MRI must be done within 2 months prior to study enrollment, defined as date of signed, informed consent. If clinically indicated, staging xrays and scans must be done within 28 days of study entry.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 to 2.
- Adequate organ function within 14 days of study entry:
- Bone marrow function: absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1500/mm³, Hgb > 8.0 g/dl and platelet count ≥ 100,000/mm³.
- Hepatic function: total bilirubin < upper limit of normal (ULN). Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT) (AST) or serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT) (ALT) and alkaline phosphatase ≤ 1.5 x ULN).
- Renal function: calculated creatinine clearance (CrCl) ≥ 30 mL/min using the Cockcroft Gault equation.
- Patients must be at least 18 years of age.
- Evidence of disease outside the breast or chest wall, except ipsilateral axillary or
internal mammary lymph nodes.
- Prior chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biologic therapy or radiation therapy for breast
- Pregnant or lactating women are not eligible. Women of childbearing potential must
have a negative serum pregnancy test completed within 7 days of study entry, and use
an appropriate form of birth control throughout the trial period.
- Medical, psychological or surgical condition which the investigator feels might
compromise study participation.
- Patients with history within the last 5 years of previous or current malignancy at
other sites with the exception of adequately treated carcinoma in-situ of the cervix
or basal or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Patients with a history of other
malignancies who remain disease free for greater than five years are eligible.
- Evidence of peripheral or sensory neuropathy.
- Patients with a history of severe hypersensitivity reaction to docetaxel or other
drugs formulated with polysorbate 80 are excluded from participation.
- Serious, uncontrolled, concurrent infection(s).
- Clinically significant cardiac disease (e.g. congestive heart failure, symptomatic
coronary artery disease and cardiac arrhythmias not well controlled with medication)
or myocardial infarction within the last 12 months prior to study entry.
- Major surgery within 28 days of study entry.
- Evidence of central nervous system (CNS) metastases.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Washington, District of Columbia
- Baltimore, Maryland