- Males or females of non childbearing potential, age > or = 50.
- Diagnosis of probable Alzheimer's disease, consistent with criteria from both:
- National Institute of Neurological and Communicable Disease and Stroke and
Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Association (NINCDS-ADRDA).
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV).
- Mini-mental status exam score of 16-26 inclusive.
- Rosen-Modified Hachinski Ischemia Score of
- Diagnosis or history of other demential or neurodegenerative disorders.
- Diagnosis or history of clinically significant cerebrovascular disease.
- Specific findings on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI); cortical infarct, micro
hemorrhage, multiple white matter lacunes, extensive white matter abnormalities.
- History of autoimmune disorders.
- History of allergic or anaphylactic reactions.