- Healthy children aged 12-18 months
- Use of antibiotics up to 15 days prior to study inclusion
- Malformation or injury of the nasopharynx that makes the procedure of taking a
nasopharyngeal swab impossible
- Children with chronic infectious (chronic otitis media or chronic sinusitis prior to
- Received any pneumococcal vaccine in the past.
- Children who have already provided a NP sample in the same study period.
- Any relevant hemorrhagic disorder.
- Any febrile process (fever ? 38°C) at time of screening.