ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Subject must have a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis based on the American College of Rheumatology Association
- The subject has active disease at both Screening and Baseline, as defined:
- ≥4 joints tender or painful on motion, AND
- ≥4 joints swollen;
- The subject must have at least one knee, one elbow, one wrist or two metacarpophalangeal joints with active synovitis suitable for biopsy by the shaver technique
- No arthroscopy should have been performed in the past 3 months in the same joint that
is to be biopsied in this study.
- No intra-articular steroids should have been injected in the joint to be biopsied in
this study in the previous 3 months.
- Subjects with evidence of hematopoietic disorders or evidence of hemoglobin levels <
9.0 gm/dL or hematocrit < 30 % at screening visit or within the 3 months prior to
baseline synovial biopsy.
- An absolute white blood cell (WBC) count of < 3.0 x 109/L (<3000/mm3) or absolute
neutrophil count of <1.2 X 109/L (<1200/mm3) at screening visit or within the 3 months
prior to baseline synovial biopsy.
- Thrombocytopenia, as defined by a platelet count <100 x 109/L (< 100,000/mm3) at
screening visit or within the 3 months prior to baseline synovial biopsy.
- Estimated GFR less than 40 ml/min based on Cockcroft Gault calculation .
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- Birmingham, Alabama