- Subjects must have a current diagnosis of schizophrenia of paranoid (295.30),
disorganized (295.10), or undifferentiated (295.90) subtype in the residual phase.
- Subjects must be in ongoing maintenance antipsychotic monotherapy with risperidone,
olanzapine, quetiapine, ziprasidone, paliperidone, or aripiprazole. Subjects must be
on a stable medication treatment regimen for at least 2 months.
- Evidence of stable symptomatology at least 3 months.
- Female subjects who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Subjects with evidence or history of a clinically significant medical condition which
would increase risk or which could interfere with the interpretation of trial results.
- Subjects who have DSM IV defined psychoactive substance dependence (including alcohol
and excluding nicotine and caffeine dependence) within 12 months of screening or
substance abuse within 3 months prior to screening.