- Patients with a histologically proven advanced solid malignancy for which no
recognized therapy was available or for which standard therapy had failed
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1
- Serum albumin ≥3.0 g/dL and adequate haemopoietic, renal and liver function
- Chemotherapy within 3 weeks (6 weeks for nitrosoureas or mitomycin C) or radiotherapy
or an investigational agent within 4 weeks before the start of study treatment
- Subjects had to have recovered from all prior treatment toxicities, except alopecia,
and from any major surgery.