ABOUT THIS STUDY
- HIV-1 infection as documented by ELISA and confirmed by either Western blot, HIV-1 culture, HIV-1 antigen, plasma HIV-1 RNA by RT-PCR or bDNA at any time prior to study entry.
- Receipt of ARV medication uninterrupted for > 1 year leading up to the screening period with demonstrated HIV RNA < 50 copies/ml for a period of 1 year."
- Willingness for both males and females of childbearing potential to utilize 2 effective contraception methods (2 separate forms, one of which must be an effective barrier method), be non-heterosexually active or have a an exclusive vasectomized partner from screening throughout the duration of the study treatment and for 30 days following the last dose of study drugs.
- Age >18 years.
- Ability and willingness to provide written informed consent
- The following laboratory parameters documented within 30 days prior to study entry:
- Hemoglobin >8.0
- Absolute neutrophil count >500
- Platelet count >40,000
- AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) <5 x ULN
- Creatinine <1.5 x ULN
- Lipase <2.0 x ULN
- Estimated creatinine clearance > 60 mL/min.
- HIV DNA within peripheral blood mononuclear cells > 100 copies/mL
- Not currently receiving Maraviroc as part of ARV regimen
- Past or present HIV opportunistic infection of the brain, learning disability, head
injury with prolonged loss of consciousness or cognitive sequelae, or other non-HIV
risk factor that may impact cognitive performance.
- Any factor that precludes MRI scan including presence of metal or exposure to metal
work (e.g., metal grinder/worker) and claustrophobia
- History of seizure disorder
- History of myocardial infarction, angina, congestive heart failure, peripheral
vascular disease, angioplasty or cardiac surgery
- Current malignancy or history of past malignancies excluding basal cell CA
- Any immunomodulator, HIV vaccine, or investigational therapy within 30 days of study
- Any vaccination within 30 days of study entry.
- Requirement for acute therapy for other AIDS-defining illness or other serious medical
illnesses (in the opinion of the site investigator) within 14 days prior to study
- Other chronic illnesses including diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and endocrinopathies,
except subjects on stable physiologic replacement therapy for low testosterone or
- Known hypersensitivity to Maraviroc
- Any condition which, in the opinion of the investigator, would compromise the
subject's ability to participate in the study
- Current active substance or alcohol dependence
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding, intent to become pregnant during the course of the study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- New York, New York