ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Male or female subjects age 18 years or older.
2. Part 1/MTD Estimation Phase: Pathologic diagnosis of any solid tumor. Part 2/MTD Confirmation Phase: Pathologic diagnosis of one of the following tumor types: breast, non-small cell lung, ovarian, endometrial, or colorectal cancer or glioblastoma.
3. Availability of either formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor tissue block or unstained slides for exploratory biomarker analysis.
4. Incurable cancer, with disease progression following at least 1 conventional, standard, or investigational therapy with no further standard treatment available in the opinion of the investigator.
5. At least 1 evaluable lesion as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) criteria.
6. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) 0 to 2.
7. Acceptable laboratory values, including fasting serum glucose.
8. All male and female subjects who are biologically capable of having children, must agree to use a medically acceptable method of birth control for the duration of the study (e.g., condom with a spermicide) and for 12 weeks after the last dose of investigational product. All female subjects who are biologically capable of having children must have a negative serum pregnancy test result before first dose of investigational product. Any pregnancy that occurs in the female partner of a male subject in the trial must be reported if it occurs at any time during the active treatment phase of the study or for 12 weeks after the last dose of investigational product.
1. Major surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, investigational therapy, or other cancer
therapy within 2 weeks prior to first dose of investigational product.
2. Lack of recovery from any prior surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or other cancer
3. Clinically unstable primary or metastatic central nervous system (CNS) tumors.
Subjects with progression of CNS tumors are eligible as long as they have been
clinically stable for at least 4 weeks before first dose of PKI-179 (no significant
change in anticonvulsant doses, mental status, or clinical symptoms related to the CNS
4. Subjects with known diabetes.
5. QTc interval > 470 ms.
6. Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
7. Evidence of significant medical illness or abnormal laboratory finding that in the
opinion of the investigator would substantially increase the risk associated with the
subject's participation in the study or impact the assessment of safety and/or
efficacy. Examples include, but are not limited to: uncontrolled seizures, serious
ongoing active infection requiring treatment, significant uncontrolled cardiac
disease, such as congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction within past 6 months,
angina requiring treatment, or other clinically significant or uncontrolled
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Buffalo, New York
- San Antonio, Texas