ABOUT THIS STUDY
- At least 18 years of age and able to give informed consent
- African-American ethnicity
- Received a first or second non-ECD cadaveric or living donor renal transplant
- Transplant occurred during the past 6 to 24 weeks
- Patient has stable graft function, defined as no change of greater than 30% of baseline serum creatinine during the past month and no acute rejection in the past 6 weeks
- Estimated GFR using the modified MDRD equation of at least 40 mL/min10 at time of enrollment into the study
- Currently receiving tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil (at least 1 gm per day), and corticosteroids as their immunosuppression regimen.
- Biopsy proven acute rejection episode that occurred within the past 6 weeks
- Malignancy within the past 3 years, except for non-melanoma skin cancer
- Any known intolerances to current immunosuppressant regimen necessitating withdrawal
of the offending agent
- Currently enrolled in an investigational trial
- Woman of child bearing potential not utilizing an effective form of birth control
- Patients with uncontrolled dyslipidemia, defined at serum fasting LDL >200 mg/dL or
serum fasting triglycerides >500 mg/dL.
- Patients with a spot urine protein to creatinine ratio of > 800 mg of protein per gram
- WBC < 3,000 cells/mm3
- Platelets < 100,000 cells/mm3
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Charleston, South Carolina