- Subjects diagnosed with a fever secondary to an uncomplicated acute viral or bacterial
- Oral temperature measurement from 100 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Onset of fever 3 days or less.
- Otherwise good health.
- Fever secondary to a chronic underlying medical condition or serious infection.
- Currently taking antibiotics or antivirals.
- Currently taking any medication which may interfere with the assessment of fever.
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding.
- Any serious medical or psychiatric disorder.