ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Age between 20 - 85 years.
- Characteristic symptoms of polyneuropathy for at least 6 months.
- Polyneuropathy diagnosis confirmed by typical clinical signs (distal sensory disturbance/lack of distal deep tendon reflexes) and/or electrophysiological tests and/or abnormal quantitative sensory tests.
- Total pain intensity rating of at least 4 on a 0-10 points numeric rating scale.
- Pain present at least 4 days a week.
- For diabetics: diabetes diagnosis for at least 6 months and stable metabolic control for at least 3 months.
- For other secondary polyneuropathies: stable for at least 6 months.
- For fertile females: adequate anticonceptive treatment.
- Written informed consent.
- Other cause of pain.
- Contraindications against imipramine.
- Allergic reactions towards imipramine or pregabalin.
- Known adverse reactions during imipramine or pregabalin treatment.
- Severe systemic disease.
- Ongoing treatment with antidepressants, antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, opioids,
propranolol, kinidine, monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
- Inability to follow study protocol.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in