- 72 hours of age; and > or = to 34 weeks gestational age.
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn or Hypoxic respiratory failure
1. Idiopathic PPHN or
2. Meconium aspiration syndrome or
3. Sepsis or
- Oxygenation Index (OI) >15 and
- Patients already receiving inhaled nitric oxide (iNO) on referral.
- Prior or immediate need for full Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation or Extracorporeal
Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
- Life threatening or lethal congenital anomaly.
- Large left to right intracardiac or ductal shunting (diagnosed from echocardiogram on
admission to GOSH).
- Clinically significant active seizures as per clinical judgment.
- Bleeding diathesis as per clinical judgment