- Male or female 2 to
permitted to enroll in this study only after a Pfizer sponsored pharmacokinetic study
confirms the proposed dosage corresponding to this age group is appropriate.
- Patients with confirmed Candida infection of the blood, body tissues, or the
- Patient's doctor feels voriconazole is an appropriate choice of therapy.
- A known allergy to voriconazole or to azole to antifungal drugs.
- Females who are pregnant, lactating (breast feeding) or planning a pregnancy during
the course of the study, or who are of childbearing potential and not using highly
effective method of birth control.
- A patient who is receiving treatment with a drug know to interfere with the heart's
electrical system (QTc prolongation).
- A patient who is receiving treatment with a drug that is not permitted to be used
- For primary therapy: a patient who has received more than 48 hours of antifungal
therapy for the current episode of Candida infection.
- A patient with significant underlying liver disease at the time of enrollment in the
- A patient with significant renal disease (CrCl in the study.
- A patient with a high likelihood of death within 72 hours of study enrollment due to
factors unrelated to Candida infection.