A Phase 1 Study To Estimate The Relative Bioavailability Of Co-Administered Formulations Of Azithromycin Microsphere And Chloroquine Test Formulation Compared With Co-Administered Immediate Release Individual Azithromycin And Chloroquine Tablets In Healthy Adult Subjects
ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Healthy male and/or female subjects between the ages of 18 and 55 years, inclusive (Healthy is defined as no clinically relevant abnormalities identified by a detailed medical history, full physical examination, including blood pressure and pulse rate measurement, 12 lead ECG and clinical laboratory tests).
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 17.5 to 30.5 kg/m2; and a total body weight >50 kg (110 lbs).
- An informed consent document signed and dated by the subject or a legally acceptable representative.
- Subjects who are willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures.
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurologic, or
allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic,
seasonal allergies at time of dosing).
- History of febrile illness within 5 days prior to first dose.
- Treatment with azithromycin within the past 30 days or with chloroquine within the
past 45 days.
- Known immediate family history of prolonged QT Syndrome, serious ventricular
arrhythmia, or sudden cardiac death. "Immediate" is considered "first degree".
- Known allergy to macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin,
azithromycin) or chloroquine (or other 4 aminoquinolines) or severe allergic reaction
to any drug in the past (eg, difficulty breathing, anaphylaxis).
- History of intolerance to azithromycin or chloroquine.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New Haven, Connecticut