- Healthy male and/or female subjects between the ages of 18 and 55 years, inclusive
(Healthy is defined as no clinically relevant abnormalities identified by a detailed
medical history, full physical examination, including blood pressure and pulse rate
measurement, 12 lead ECG and clinical laboratory tests).
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 17.5 to 30.5 kg/m2; and a total body weight >50 kg (110
- An informed consent document signed and dated by the subject or a legally acceptable
- Subjects who are willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan,
laboratory tests, and other study procedures.
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurologic, or
allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic,
seasonal allergies at time of dosing).
- History of febrile illness within 5 days prior to first dose.
- Treatment with azithromycin within the past 30 days or with chloroquine within the
past 45 days.
- Known immediate family history of prolonged QT Syndrome, serious ventricular
arrhythmia, or sudden cardiac death. "Immediate" is considered "first degree".
- Known allergy to macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin,
azithromycin) or chloroquine (or other 4 aminoquinolines) or severe allergic reaction
to any drug in the past (eg, difficulty breathing, anaphylaxis).
- History of intolerance to azithromycin or chloroquine.