ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Pregnant women (all gravidae) with ≥14 and ≤26 weeks of gestational age (by ultrasound).
- Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent/assent document. Assent will be obtained from subjects <18 years of age.
- Subjects who are willing to and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures.
- Subjects who are available for follow up at delivery and on 28 days post delivery.
- Age <16 years old or >35 years old.
- Multiple gestations as per the ultrasound at screening.
- Clinical symptoms of malaria.
- Hemoglobin < 8 g/dL (at enrollment).
- Any condition requiring hospitalization at enrollment.
- History of convulsions, hypertension, diabetes or any other chronic illness that may
adversely affect fetal growth and viability.
- Inability to tolerate oral treatment in tablet form.
- Known allergy to the study drugs (azithromycin, chloroquine, and
sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine) or to any macrolides or sulphonamides.
- Requirement to use medication during the study that might interfere with the
evaluation of the study drug eg, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole use in subjects
positive for HIV infection.
- Other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition or laboratory
abnormality that may increase the risk associated with study participation.
- Evidence of current obstetric complications that may adversely impact the pregnancy
and/or fetal outcomes, including presence of congenital anomalies, placenta previa or
- Known severe Sickle Cell (SS) disease or Sickle Hemoglobin C (SC) anemia.
- Known family history of prolonged QT Syndrome, serious ventricular arrhythmia, or
sudden cardiac death.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Muheza, Tanga