ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Histologically confirmed advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC), with non-clear cell pathology.
2. RCC tumor tissue available for correlative sciences, from either primary or metastatic site or both.
3. At the time of screening, at least 4 weeks since prior palliative radiation therapy and/or major surgery, and resolution of all toxic effects of prior therapy to National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI CTCAE; version 4.0) Grade 1.
4. Subject must have radiographic evidence of metastatic disease with at least 1 measurable per RECIST 1.1 criteria (Attachment 1)].
5. Age > 18 years.
6. Adequate laboratory values
7. Karnofsky Performance Status ≥ 60 (Attachment 2).
8. Life expectancy of at least 3 months.
9. Written, signed, dated, and witnessed Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) approved informed consent form (ICF) before any screening procedures are performed.
1. Subjects with a history of or active central nervous system (CNS) metastases.
2. Prior systemic therapy for RCC, including mTOR and anti-angiogenic therapy,
chemotherapy, biologic or experimental therapy.
3. Subjects with collecting duct, medullary, small cell, oncocytoma, or lymphoma-type
4. Subjects receiving known strong CYP3A4 isoenzyme inhibitors and/or inducers.
5. Major surgery, open biopsy, traumatic injury, or radiotherapy within 4 weeks of the
6. Subjects who have not recovered from prior biopsy, surgery, traumatic injury, and/or
7. Presence of a non-healing wound or ulcer.
8. Grade 3 hemorrhage within the past month.
9. Hypertension with systolic blood pressure of >180 mm Hg and/or diastolic pressure >100
10. Subjects with American Heart Association (AHA) Class 2-4 heart disease or any history
of congestive heart failure with an ejection fraction <50%, or history of unstable
angina, myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, cerebrovascular accident,
transient ischemic attack, or pulmonary embolism within 6 months of entry.
11. Diabetes mellitus with glycosylated hemoglobin A1c (HbgA1c) > 10% despite therapy.
12. A history of interstitial pneumonitis.
13. Subjects with active autoimmune disorder(s) being treated with immunosuppressive
agents within 4 weeks prior to the screening visit.
14. Subjects receiving immunosuppressive agents and those with chronic
viral/bacterial/fungal illnesses such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
15. Patients who have receive immunization with attenuated live vaccines within one week
of study entry or during study period.
16. Patients with active infection(s), active antimicrobial therapy or serious
17. History of other prior malignancy in past 5 years.
18. Pregnant or nursing women.
19. Major medical/psychiatric illness that, in the investigator's judgment, will
substantially increase the risk associated with the subject's participation in this
study, including inability to absorb oral medications and history of noncompliance to
20. Known hypersensitivity to any of the components in everolimus or sunitinib product
21. Subjects taking agents that significantly prolong the QTc interval are not eligible.
22. Proteinuria with a spot urine protein/creatinine ratio >2 or 24 hour urine protein >2
grams per 24 hours.
23. Severely impaired lung function as defined as spirometry and Carbon Monoxide Diffusing
Capacity (DLCO) that is 50% of the normal predicted value and/or O2 saturation that is
88% or less at rest on room air.
24. Advanced liver disease such as cirrhosis or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Detroit, Michigan
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- Durham, North Carolina
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Portland, Oregon
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- London, Ontario
- Cambridge, England
- London, England
- Manchester, England
- Sheffield, England
- Headington, Oxford
- Glasgow, Scottland