- Subject must present at least 2 of the following risk factors of MS at screening:
Elevated waist circumference: >102 cm in men and >88 cm in women; Elevated
triglycerides (TGs): ≥1.7 mmol/L (≥150 mg/dL); Reduced HDL-Cholesterol: ( 5.6 mmol/L.
- According to the clinical judgment of the investigator, the risk factors for MS have
developed in close temporal relationship to starting an antipsychotic medication.
- Substitution to a less metabolically disruptive antipsychotic medication is considered
- Subjects with contraindication(s) to the use of Ziprasidone according to Canadian
- Subjects with a history of treatment resistance.
- Subjects with any medical condition (e.g. pre-existing diabetes, pre-existing
dyslipidemia, thyroid pathology) or taking any concomitant medication (e.g. topiramate
or other weight loss-promoting agents, hypoglycemic agents, hypolipemic agents), that
may confound the evaluation of the study drug.
- Body mass index ? 40 at baseline.