ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Subject must present at least 2 of the following risk factors of MS at screening: Elevated waist circumference: >102 cm in men and >88 cm in women; Elevated triglycerides (TGs): ≥1.7 mmol/L (≥150 mg/dL); Reduced HDL-Cholesterol: <1.03 mmol/L (<40 mg/dL) in men and <1.3 mmol/L (<50 mg/dL) in women; Elevated fasting glucose: ≥ 5.6 mmol/L.
- According to the clinical judgment of the investigator, the risk factors for MS have developed in close temporal relationship to starting an antipsychotic medication.
- Substitution to a less metabolically disruptive antipsychotic medication is considered
- Subjects with contraindication(s) to the use of Ziprasidone according to Canadian
- Subjects with a history of treatment resistance.
- Subjects with any medical condition (e.g. pre-existing diabetes, pre-existing
dyslipidemia, thyroid pathology) or taking any concomitant medication (e.g. topiramate
or other weight loss-promoting agents, hypoglycemic agents, hypolipemic agents), that
may confound the evaluation of the study drug.
- Body mass index ≥ 40 at baseline.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Stanford, California
- DuBois, Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dallas, Texas