ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Patient with hematological disease and neutropenia < 500/µl (or < 1000/µl, if criterion 5A is fulfilled)
2. Known or acute infection, or suspected infection, or sepsis, which clinically indicates investigation by blood culture
3. Time-frame after diagnosis or suspicion of infection or sepsis: < 72 hours
4. Species causing infection not known before inclusion
5. Patient fulfils criterion A or/and B
A. Indication for an initiation of antimicrobial therapy in patients with febrile neutropenia
- Neutropenia <500/µl or <1000/µl if decline to <500/µl is expected in the next 48h.
- Single (oral) temperature of ≥ 38.3°C, or temperature ≥ 38.0°C lasting for at least 1h or measured twice within 12h.
- No evidence of non-infectious cause of fever (blood products, drugs reactions, etc)
B. At least two of the following criteria:
- Temperature >38°C or <36°C
- Heart rate >90 beats/minute
- Respiratory rate >20 breaths/minute or PaCO2 <32 mmHg / 4,3 kPa
6. Patient is able to provide written informed consent
1. Moribund patients with survival expectation < 24h
2. Younger than 18 years
3. Patient is not able to provide informed consent
4. Patients not suitable for study participation in the opinion of investigator
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Muenster, North Rhine-Westphalia