- Neuropathic pain of peripheral origin demonstrating spontaneous ongoing pain and
dynamic mechanical allodynia to brush stimuli.
- A present pain intensity score of 4 or more (out of 10) for spontaneous ongoing pain
and brush-evoked allodynia at the skin area at screen.
- Stable analgesic medication (excluding pregabalin) for a minimum of 1 month prior to
the start of study.
- Patients who have undergone neurolytic or neurosurgical therapy.
- Patients who have trigeminal neuralgia, central pain (due to cerebrovascular lesions,
multiple sclerosis and traumatic spinal cord injuries), complex regional pain
syndrome (Type I and II), and phantom limb pain.
- Patients who have previously been treated with pregabalin.