- Diagnosis of schizophrenia with acute exacerbation of illness
- The current acute exacerbation of schizophrenia must be less than 4 weeks duration
prior to the initial evaluation.
- Subjects with evidence or history of clinically significant uncontrolled medical
- Subjects with a current diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, major depression,
bipolar disorder, or obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Subjects who meet Diagnostic and Statistical Manual-IV (DSM-IV)defined diagnostic
criteria for psychoactive substance dependence (excluding nicotine dependence) within
12 months of screening or DSM-IV defined substance abuse within 3 months prior to