- Male or female subjects greater than or equal to 18 years. Female subjects must be of
non-child bearing potential.
- Clinical diagnosis of type 2 diabetes together with stages 3a, 3b or 4 CKD, based on
an eGFR of 25-59 mL/min/1.73m2.
- Evidence of persistent, overt albuminuria; defined as a UACR greater than or equal to
300 mg/g (greater than or equal to 33.9 mg/mmol) for greater than 3 months.
- Subjects with CKD resulting from type 1 diabetes or non-diabetic CKD.
- Subjects with poorly controlled diabetes mellitus, defined as HbA1C >9%.
- Subjects on combination ACE inhibitor/ARB therapy.