- Infants eligible for Prevenar vaccination according to the Regulatory approved terms
of the marketing authorization in the Russian Federation:
- Infants from 3 months up to 23 months of age who may benefit from active immunization
against disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 4, 6B, 9V, 14, 18C, 19F
and 23F (including sepsis, meningitis, pneumonia, bacteraemia and acute otitis media).
- Parents or legal guardians willing and able to complete the diary cards.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients;
- Hypersensitivity to diphtheria toxoid;
- Age less than 3 months or greater than or equal to 2 years at enrollment;
- Contraindications as listed in the Package Insert / Russian SmPC for either Prevenar
or for any concomitantly used other vaccines;
- Previously vaccinated with 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine;
- Prophylactic use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications and/or acetaminophen
(e.g., paracetamol). However, acetaminophen/paracetamol may be administered for
treatment of fever, pain, etc.