ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Histopathologically confirmed advanced tumors for which sunitinib is considered standard or patients with advanced or metastatic tumors for whom no standard therapy is available;
2. Age more then 18 years;
3. Able and willing to give written informed consent;
4. Able and willing to undergo blood sampling for pharmacogenetic and pharmacokinetic analysis;
5. Able and willing to undergo a tumor biopsy for DNA sequencing;
6. Able to swallow oral medications
7. Life expectancy more then 3 months, allowing adequate follow up of toxicity evaluation and antitumor activity;
8. WHO performance status of 0 or 1;
9. Evaluable disease according to RECIST 1.1 criteria;
10. Minimal acceptable safety laboratory values
- ANC of => 1.5 x 109 /L
- Platelet count of => 100 x 109 /L
- Hepatic function as defined by serum bilirubin => 1.5 x ULN, ASAT and ALAT
- 2.5 x ULN
- Renal function as defined by serum creatinine => 1.5 x ULN or creatinine clearance => 50 mL/min (by Cockcroft-Gault formula);
11. No radio- or chemotherapy or other investigational drug treatment within the last 4 weeks prior to study entry, with the exception of palliative radiotherapy (8 Gy or on the extremities).
1. Current treatment in another therapeutic clinical trial
2. Congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction or coronary artery bypass graft in the
previous six months, ongoing severe or unstable angina or any unstable arrhythmia
3. Patients with known alcoholism, drug addiction and/or psychotic disorders in the
history that are not suitable for adequate follow up
4. Women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
5. Both men and women enrolled in this trial must agree to use a reliable contraceptive
method throughout the study (definition of adequate contraceptive methods will be
based on the judgment of the principal investigator or a designated associate).
6. Legal incapacity
7. Known allergy/intolerance to sunitinib or any of the excipients
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in