- Male and female subjects aged 18 years and over at the time of consent to the study.
- Diagnosis of SpA, as defined by the ASAS criteria for axial SpA
- Axial involvement refractory to previous or current intake of NSAIDs, defined as at
least 2 NSAIDs at maximum tolerated dose determined from past medical history taken
for a duration of > 1 month (for both NSAIDs combined) before the Screening visit.
- Active axial involvement defined by mini BASDAI
- Subjects who are investigational site staff members or subjects who are Pfizer
employees directly involved in the conduct of the trial.
- Subjects who have received any previous treatment with etanercept or other TNF?
inhibitors or biologic agents.
- Subjects with a known or expected allergy, contraindication, or hypersensitivity to
etanercept or its excipients.