- Male and/or female subjects between the ages of 18 and 60 years, inclusive.
- A history or diagnosis of asthma that requires the use of beta 2 agonist
bronchodilators (eg Salbutamol).
- Women who could become pregnant must use appropriate birth control throughout the
study and pregnancy tests must be negative on entering the study and prior to dosing
in the clinic.
- Subjects who have been hospitalized for the treatment of asthma within three months
prior to study entry, or have been hospitalized more than twice in last 12 months.
- Subjects who have experienced a lower respiratory tract infection (eg bronchitis or
pneumonia) or significant asthma instability in the 4 weeks prior to study entry.
- Severe additional disease other than asthma