- Healthy male and female subjects between the ages of 12 and 19, inclusive.
- Subjects smoking at least an average of 5 cigarettes per day, motivated to stop
- Subjects must have at least one prior failed attempt to quit smoking.
- Subjects with history, current diagnosis, or treatment of major depression disorder,
anxiety disorders, panic disorder, hostility or aggression disorder,
perceptual/thinking disturbances, mania, psychosis, bipolar disorder, personality
disorder, eating disorder or severe emotional problems (in the past year).
- Subjects with a prior suicide attempt: subjects hospitalized within the past 12 months
due to suicidal ideation or suicidal behavior; subjects considered to have serious
suicidal ideation or suicidal behavior in the past 12 months; active suicidal ideation
or behavior identified at the screening or baseline visit.
- Evidence of alcohol and substance abuse/dependence (other than nicotine) within 3
months prior to screening.