- Male or female, 18 years of age or older.
- Primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) or ocular hypertension (OHT) requiring unilateral
or bilateral administration of intraocular pressure (IOP) lowering treatment,
including patients who were naïve to IOP lowering treatment.
- IOP between ≥ 24 mmHg and ≤ 36 mmHg in at least one eye at the 8 AM time point at
- Closed/barely open anterior chamber angle or a history of acute angle closure.
- A history of discontinued prostaglandin IOP lowering treatment, unless the reason for
discontinuation was participation in a clinical study.
- Ocular surgery or argon laser trabeculoplasty in one or both eyes within 3 months
prior to the screening visit.
- Use or anticipated requirement during the study of any topical medication that was
known to affect IOP.
- Anticipated need to modify systemic medication known to affect IOP (eg,
beta-adrenergic antagonists, alpha-adrenergic agonists, calcium channel blockers,
angiotension converting enzyme inhibitors, and angiotension II receptor antagonists)
during the study period.