- Male subjects and female subjects of non-childbearing potential between the ages of 30
and 70 years, inclusive, with a historical diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus,
diagnosed according to the American Diabetes Association guidelines. Subjects who have
other conditions but are well controlled by either diet or medications may be included
as well (for example, a subject with high cholesterol level on appropriate treatment
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 to 35.5 kg/m2, and a total body weight >50 kg (110 lbs).
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurologic, or
allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic,
seasonal allergies at time of dosing).
- Diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Evidence of diabetic complications with significant end organ damage