- Male subjects and female subjects of non-childbearing potential between the ages of
30 and 70 years, inclusive, with a historical diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus,
diagnosed according to the American Diabetes Association guidelines. Subjects who
have other conditions but are well controlled by either diet or medications may be
included as well (for example, a subject with high cholesterol level on appropriate
treatment is eligible).
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 to 35.5 kg/m2, and a total body weight >50 kg (110 lbs).
- Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurologic, or
allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic,
seasonal allergies at time of dosing).
- Diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Evidence of diabetic complications with significant end organ damage