ABOUT THIS STUDY
- At least 18 years old and capable of giving informed consent.
- Patient has radiological evidence of RCC consisting of: CT scan with stage T2, T3, T3a, T4, or any stage T with N1/2 and/or metastatic disease.
- Patient is already having a nephrectomy.
- Adequate cardiac function as assessed by electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Patient is will to have a kidney biopsy at baseline/screening.
- Patient has scored a 0 or 1 on the ECOG.
- Patient is negative for HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C
- If patient is a woman of child-bearing potential, they have to have a negative pregnancy test.
- Patient has stage T1 disease without metastases.
- Patient has abnormal laboratory values at screening within the following ranges:
- Absolute neutrophil count ≤1.5 x 10(9)/L; Platelet count ≤ 100 x 10(9)/L
- Leukocyte count ≤ 3 x 10(9)/L; Hemoglobin ≤ 80 g/L
- Serum creatinine ≥ 2.0 x the upper normal limit (UNL)
- Total bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x UNL; AST and ALT ≤ 3.0 x UNL
- Fasting serum cholesterol ≤ 9.0 mmol/L
- Fasting serum triglycerides ≤ 5.0 mmol/L
- Patients with a known hyper-sensitivity to Temsirolimus.
- Other currently active malignancies.
- Currently taking any medications known to interfere with the metabolism of
- Patients receiving anticoagulation with warfarin.
- Patients with a history of pulmonary hypertension or interstitial lung disease.
- Unstable angina as judged by the primary investigator, or any recent MI in the last
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- Toronto, Ontario
- Durham, North Carolina