ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Men age 18-60 years old
2. BMI ≥ 30 kg/m2
3. Waist circumference ≥ 102 cm
4. Peak GH value of ≤ 4.2 μg/l on standard GHRH-arginine stimulation test
1. Obesity due to a known secondary cause (Cushing's syndrome, hypothyroidism, etc) or a
history of gastric bypass procedure.
2. Subjects who have a known history of diabetes, fasting blood sugar >125 mg/dl or using
any anti-diabetic drugs.
3. Use of Aspirin, Clopidogrel (Plavix), Warfarin (Coumadin) or other anti-coagulants
4. Subjects on testosterone, glucocorticoids, anabolic steroids, GHRH, GH or IGF-1 within
3 months of enrollment.
5. Changes in lipid lowering or anti-hypertensive regimen within 3 months of screening
6. History of pituitary tumor, hypopituitarism, pituitary surgery, pituitary/brain
radiation or traumatic brain injury or any other condition known to affect the GH
7. Severe chronic illness including HIV, active malignancy or history of colon cancer.
8. Hemoglobin < 9.0 g/dL, SGOT > 2.5 x upper limit normal, Creatinine >1.5 mg/dL, or PSA
9. Subject is currently enrolled in another investigational device or drug trial(s), or
subject has received other investigational agent(s) within 28 days of baseline visit.
10. Any condition judged by the patient's physician to cause this clinical trial to be
detrimental to the patient.
11. Contraindications to MRI scanning.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Boston, Massachusetts