- Subjects and/or parent(s)/legally acceptable representative must be considered willing
and able to sign consent, and complete daily dosing and seizure diaries and complete
all scheduled visits.
- Male and female epilepsy subjects, 1 month to 65 years of age inclusive on the date of
the Screening Visit.
- Diagnosis of epilepsy with seizures classified as simple partial, complex partial, or
partial becoming secondarily generalized, or primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures
according to the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE 2010) Diagnosis Criteria.
- Partial onset seizure subjects must have had an average of at least 3 seizures per 28
day period in the 3 months prior to screening.
- Currently receiving a stable dose of 1 to 3 antiepileptic drugs (stable within 28 days
prior to screening).
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, Infantile Spasms, Absence seizures, BECT (Benign Epilepsy
with Centrotemporal Spikes), and Dravet syndrome,
- A current diagnosis of febrile seizures or any febrile seizure within 1 year of
- Status epilepticus within 1 year prior to visit 1.
- Seizures related to drugs, alcohol, or acute medical illness.
- Progressive structural CNS lesion or a progressive encephalopathy.