- Subject must be at least 18 years of age.
- Males and females with a documented diagnosis of UC at least 4 months prior to entry
into the study.
- Subjects with moderately to severely active UC based on Mayo score criteria.
- Subjects must have failed or be intolerant of at least one of the following
treatments for UC:
- Corticosteroids (oral or intravenous).
- Azathioprine or 6 mercaptopurine (6 MP).
- Anti TNF-alpha therapy.
- Presence of indeterminate colitis, microscopic colitis, ischemic colitis, infectious
colitis, or clinical findings suggestive of Crohn's disease.
- Subjects with disease limited to distal 15 cm.
- Subjects without previous treatment for UC (ie, treatment naïve).
- Subjects displaying clinical signs of fulminant colitis or toxic megacolon.