ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Healthy 18 to 55 years old male or female subjects (Healthy is defined as absence of clinically relevant abnormalities identified by detailed medical history, complete physical examination, including blood pressure and heart rate measurements, 12-lead ECG and clinical laboratory tests).
- Volunteers' BMI - Body Mass Index must range from 18.5 to 24.9 (Dietary Guidelines for Americans), however, it can range to 15% of the upper limit (18.5 to 28.63) and total body weight >50kg.
- Signed and dated Informed Consent Form by the subject or legally acceptable representative. If subject and/or legally acceptable representative is unable to read the Informed Consent Form, an impartial witness may sign it.
- Subjects willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests and other study procedures.
- Evidence or history of hematological, renal, endocrine, pulmonary, gastrointestinal,
cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurological, or allergic clinically significant
disease (including drug allergies, except for seasonal allergies, asymptomatic,
untreated at the time of dosing).
- Any condition that may possibly affect the drug absorption (e.g. gastrectomy).
- Volunteer presenting a drug abuse history [patients making use of marijuana and
hashish will be excluded if they used these drugs in less than three months before the
medical appointment, and volunteers who have used drugs such as cocaine, phencyclidine
(PCP), crack and heroin, will be excluded if they used them in less than one year
before the medical appointment].
- A positive drug test in urine (Methamphetamine, Opiate, Morphine, Marijuana, Cannabis,
Amphetamine, Cocaine, Benzodiazepine, and Benzoylecgonine) or a positive test for
alcohol before admission during periods 1 and 2.
- History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 7 drinks/week for women or 14
drinks/week for men (1 serving = 150 mL of wine or 360 mL of beer or 45 mL of
concentrated liquor) within 6 months from selection.
- If volunteer have participated in any experimental study or have taken any
experimental drug within 6 months prior to baseline (ANVISA: RDC Resolution No. 34,
June 3, 2008).
- Blood Pressure at screenning on a supine position ≥140 mm Hg (sistolic) or ≥90 mm Hg
(diastolic), ina single measure (confirmed by a single measure repeated, if necessary)
after at least 5 minutes of rest.
- 12-lead ECG demonstrating QTc> 450 msec or QRS interval>120msec at screening visit. If
the QTc exceeds 450 msec or QRS interval exceeds 120ms, the ECG should be repeated
twice and the average of the three QTc values should be used to determine patient's
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women, women of childbearing potential who are unwilling or
unable to use a non-hormonal acceptable contraception method, as described in this
protocol, from at least 14 days before the first dose of study medication.
- Use of prescription or nonprescription drugs and dietary supplements within 7 days or
5 half-lives (whichever is longer) before the first dose of study medication.
Phytotherapic medicine and phytotherapic supplements should be discontinued 28 days
before the first dose of study medication. With one exception,
acetaminophen/paracetamol can be used at doses of 1 g/day. The limited use of
nonprescription medications not considered as affecting the patient's safety or the
general study results may be allowed on a case by case basis after sponsor's approval.
- Blood donation of approximately 500 mL within 3 months before dosage.
- Known hypersensitivityto Ibuprofen or chemically related compounds;
- - Sensitivity History to heparin or heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
- Unwillingness or inability to comply with the Lifestyle Guidelines described in this
- Other psychiatric or severe acute or clinically chronic condition or laboratory
abnormality that may increase the risk associated with participation in the study or
administration of investigational product, or which may interfere with the
interpretation of study results and, in the opinion of the investigator, would make
the patient inadequate to enter this study.
- A positive beta HCG test in women.
- Volunteers that are members of the Clinical Research Center or their relatives or
Volunteers that are Pfizer employes direcly envolved on study conduction
- If volunteer presents any condition that prevents his or her participation in the
study, according to the opinion of the investigator.
- Volunteers in whom acetylsalicylic acid, iodate and other Nonsteroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs have induced asthma, rhinitis, urticaria, nasal polyps,
angioedema, bronchospasm and other symptoms of allergic or anaphylactic reactions.
- Volunteer with gastroduodenal ulcer, or previous or active gastrointestinal bleeding.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Brussels, Bruxelles-capitale, Région DE
- Hong Kong,
- Toronto, Ontario