- 16 years of age or older.
- Diagnosed with intra-abdominal infections or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- Can be obtained a specimen for bacteriological efficacy assessment.
- Known or suspected hypersensitivity, intolerance or contraindication to Metronidazole,
Ceftriaxone sodium, or other cephem antibiotics.
- Severe renal dysfunction (creatinine clearance Cockcroft-Gault calculation formula.
- Hepatic dysfunction (AST, ALT, total bilirubin > 3 times upper limit of normal range
- Severe underlying disease; patients in which drug clinical evaluation is difficult
because of confounding diseases.